Tuesday Musings - Self-imposed Deadlines

Being my own boss means I don't have to answer to anyone but myself if I don't make a deadline, but I can be a pretty tough boss. I make deadlines because that's how I work best - I need a goal to work towards. Right now it is really important that I stick to these, however, as I have some upcoming shoulder surgery (rotator cuff repair) and will be pretty much out of commission for a while as far as stop motion goes (probably not so much the 2D animations), so I've chosen to focus on the stop motion project I have in the works ("The Seamless Cup Society") and plan to complete it by May 31st. Will I make it? Well, I'll make every effort, but won't beat myself up over it (or cut corners). Still, one thing doing 22 episodes of the weekly web series taught me is how to work quickly and efficiently to make my publishing deadlines; a good lesson to learn! I proved to myself that I can work pretty well under that kind of pressure. The 2D project will be continued after surgery, hopefully; I'll report back later with an update on how to animate one-handed...that is if I can type one-handed. I should be able to get in one more Tuesday Musing beforehand.😐

PS - I am a big chicken and NOT looking forward to surgery 😬, but am hopeful to regain painless range of motion.


UPDATES!

"22 Bones, Episode 1: Alas, Indeed" and "And She Rode Forth..." have both been nominated for award consideration by Move Me Productions Film Festival in Belgium!

Comments