Tuesday Musings - Juggling a series and filmmaking

...a web series, that is. The new season of "22 Bones, the Adventures of Yorick, a Skull" is due to launch this Thursday, with episodes coming out every Thursday thereafter. Needless to say, it's been very busy here at Rusty Bolt/Seat of the Pants, putting in many long hours...but completely fun and satisfying hours. Add to the looming deadlines the learning curve with new animation software and you get a situation where there's not much time to think of the next film. [BTW - the new software is incredible and I'm doing quite a bit of the new series with it, starting from episode 4] This might be a stressful situation for most, but I don't have anyone to answer to for the next film except myself, so it's kind of like an intense immersive course in tuning my skills when I do the series. I always come out of it at a new level of confidence and ability. Also, the series has always been a fun indulgence that simply makes me happy. SO, it's win all around. Come January or so (maybe sooner), I'll be well into planning for the next short, complete with new ways to figure out how to do what I want to do with the animation tools I have.

If you want to check out what the series is all about, the link to the site that is all things "22 Bones" is in the left-hand menu! Here's a still from episode 4 , the part I did with Cartoon Animator 4:



*******

UPDATES!

"Joyfully" has been selected as a semi-finalist by the Continental Film Festival, in competition at the moment.

Comments