Lost in the Fantasyland of Filmmaking

The only excuse I have for not posting recently (well, actually, since before the holidays!) is that I've been incredibly immersed in the completion of two films and the initial phases of a third! I get so focused, so engrossed that I can't seem to tear myself away long enough to keep the blogs up to date...so consider this an update!!!
Season 2.0 of the web series, "22 Bones, the Further Adventures of Yorick, a Skull" aired its finale in early January. Season 2.5 will commence in June. After the completion of the series, I decided to make film versions of the two main stories in this season, so here are links to:

"Yorick and the Temple of the Eldritch Rats"

and

"Yorick and the Devil's Dodecahedron"

I am now completely enthralled by my new project, a more abstract animation with ties to my former study of Iaido and the beauties of traditional washi (Japanese paper). I'm being a bit ambitious with this one and pushing the envelope, but that's how I learn things and also invent ways to make my ideas visual. There is action, but also a calmer sense of paintings in motion, telling their stories. That's all I'm going to say right now....

*******

UPDATES:

"Joyfully" was chosen to be screened at the wonderful Classical Arts Film Festival in Napa, California, in March. I have been very proud to have had films selected by this amazing festival for three consecutive years now!

Comments