2020: My Films

 Well, it's over, but its legacy lives on. 2020 was, at its best, a learning experience...at its worst; I don't really want to go there.


Staying home (from "King o' the Cats").

I used the time to produce lots of animation, learn new skills and expand on existing ones. I continued exploring Cartoon Animator 4 (always thinking outside the box), discovered HitFilm for compositing and effects and expanded my audio abilities with new virtual instruments and plugins for my DAW (Mixcraft 9: this allowed me the ability to again "play" instruments that certain physical limitations had robbed me of in recent years). With some wonderful people on forums and pages dedicated to these programs I had all the support I needed if I got stuck on something. 

So, here is what I achieved in this notorious year, filmwise;

JANUARY: Two films compiling the previous season of my web series, "22 Bones" ,

Won a seasonal Best animation award, a semi-finalist position and was also selected to be screened.


Won a seasonal "Best Writer" award for me!


FEBRUARY: 


Winner of 4 awards and also was a semi-finalist twice.


MARCH:

Won a seasonal Best Animation award.

APRIL: My first true "pandemic" film, visually based on a dream I had. Story by Poe. I think this one struck a chord this year.


Winner of 7 awards and some semi-finalists and selections.


MAY - JULY: Season 2.5 ("22 Bones: The Legend Continues") of my webseries "22 Bones"! Seven episodes and a trailer!

Yorick and the Anachronauts visited another planet. Probably was a good time to get away from Earth for a while.

AUGUST: 

My first time working with the excellent voice artist, Alex Phelps. Still in its festival run,this film has already garnered some attention!


SEPTEMBER:

One of two films initially made for a Cartoon Animator 4 contest, this little film has just entered its festival run and has already been a finalist for Best Film in a festival.

Just for fun, also for the contest mentioned above. A "Yorick" extravaganza.

OCTOBER/NOVEMBER:

Based on stories that fascinated me as a child, this film is just starting its festival run - stay tuned!

DECEMBER:

My one-minute tribute to film noir. Also just starting its festival run.

 

 

Whew! When I see everything listed in one place like this, it kind of boggles my mind (and, as Yorick says, "It takes a lot to boggle MY mind"). Mind you, I do put in long, long (but very invigorating) hours daily on my animation work. It just makes me happy. And that's what it's all about.


ALL THE VERY BEST TO YOU ALL IN 2021!







Comments

  1. I just found your blog Deb - and I'm following! What an impressive list of films in this post - as well as an even more impressive list of awards! You deserve every one of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It was definitely a year of staying home and staying creative!

      Delete

Post a Comment