Tuesday Musings - Cindependent Review

Last week's Musings was delayed because I was at the Cindependent Film Festival in Cincinnati! This is the second year I had a film selected and have attended. Well, actually, I have to amend that last sentence because I actually had three films selected! All of my films were screened over the Thursday and Friday morning sessions, so we arrived for the Wednesday night gathering to register, check in and get settled. At the party we met a couple of other attendees who we ended up hanging out with for the rest of our stay! Justin and Joel were great company and fun to be around. (Justin's film, "The Other Border" won Best Short Documentary, but we didn't get to see it because it screened on Saturday and we left on Friday afternoon; hopefully will get to see it at another fest.).
The festival was even better than last year (if that's possible), with a few of the (minor) kinks ironed out. Allyson West (the director of the fest) was, as usual, lovely, friendly, approachable and FULL of energy! Her team was exceptional and approachable as well. The blocks were staggered this year so I was able to get to some screenplay table reads without missing films, which was a great palate-cleanser between film blocks. Filmmaker amenities were exceptional, including some accommodation, lunches, viewing lounge (with wonderful vintage furnishings), etc., etc.
All of my films screened well, but I was quite blown away by the visuals on "And She Rode Forth...." on the big screen! The animation was smooth and the colours rich - what more could I ask for? The Woodward Theater is a really good venue.
All-in-all, a five-star fest that knows how to treat filmmakers right!

The Woodward Theater, in the Over-the-Rhine district of Cincinnati.
I pontificate.

The Uncanny Valley next week, I promise!😄

*****

UPDATES!

"Joyfully" has been chosen to screen at the Wirksworth 3 Minute Film Festival in Derbyshire, UK, to be screened on September 15! Very pleased to be part of the event!



Comments