Tuesday Musings - Mostly News and Updates

I am planning a blog post on Lotte Reiniger which hopefully will be next week's Musing, so tune in then to learn about a pioneering animator and one of the inspirations for "And She Rode Forth...".
In the meantime I have plenty of news and such (and pics) to fill this post!

*******

First off, concerning my web series, "22 Bones, the Adventures of Yorick, a Skull", which has its own dedicated blog here. As reported in an earlier blog post, it has been selected as part of the Web Fest segment of Raindance, and will screen this Sunday (September 29th, 11:00 am local time) in a block of web series called "Poetic Pleasures". In  their Catalog, Funke Oyebanjo, the Web Fest programmer, states that they "received an astounding 400 original web series submissions...from more than 20 countries." They chose only 18 of those to be part of the festival lineup....and "22 Bones" was one of those 18! To say I'm ecstatic, astounded and still in disbelief would be an incredible understatement. I so wish I could be there, in London, this weekend, but alas, long flights are out of the question for me right now due to some health issues...such is life. I do have a friend in London who will be attending the screening, however, so I should have some firsthand impressions for next week's "Musings". An interesting note: quite a few of the selected series are from Canada, and we seem to have a bit of a reputation in this area. So, if you're in London this weekend, go to Raindance and take in some of their amazing films and discussions...and if you happen to see a strange little web series about the skull from Hamlet, think of me.

(Season Two of the series is in production right now and is expected to launch on October 31st.)


"Me" and some of the cast working on script revisions.
Their intrepid ship, The Golden Hind-er, which, like me, runs on coffee beans.

*******

"The Seamless Cup Society" screened at the Women Over 50 Film Festival on the weekend, and I've just been informed that it's been "Highly Commended" in the animation category! This festival has been growing by leaps and bounds and provides very necessary exposure for a frequently-overlooked segment of the filmmaking world; it's a great honour to be a part of it and to be recognised with an award.



*******

If you remember last week, "Joyfully" had been nominated in the Best Director Super Short Category...well, it (I) won! I'm really, really pleased about this as it was a tricky little film to achieve the necessary flow and forward movement that the concept required, and it's so nice to have this recognised!

From "Joyfully" - it's about dance...sort of.

*******

I've also been notified that both this film and "Moonflower" have been nominated for Best Animation 1:00 to 5:00 minutes by the Couch Film Festival out of Toronto. Results next week.


Comments